I am Patria, an award winning Portrait Photographer & Visual Strategist, based in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
I've photographed and visually branded many leading women, and now you're here.
I would love to work with you too.
I am your Branding Designer. Why?
Because you're a passionate entrepreneur who works hard on the day to day side of your business, but need help with revamping your products and services and creating the best "look" for your brand online.
Because you know in your mind the story you want to tell about what your do and how you want your clients to feel when they visit your website but you don't have time to think long and hard on how photos can convey that message for you.
Because maybe you are just ready to step up your business and become that high end brand - and then start charging like one!
And me? That's what I do.
I strategize with you. I am that one that will help you pin down the unique way your brand stand out be in your industry. From "mindstorming" sessions together, to done-for-you templates, branding guides, look books and web design visuals, I help brand your business, take photos (and teach you how to take photos) that will advertise your work and inspire marketing to your target client in a high end $tyle.
And the best part is, I can work with you on your brand from anywhere in the world. My branding strategies can be applied anywhere you are.
1. I love seeing candid photos, but for the life of me, I can't take them!Now that's not to say that my photos look unnatural now. It's just that I have techniques to get those natural beautiful shots....a lot of if is about connection and being comfortable. I direct all of my sessions, as much as you want me too actually.
2. I am originally from the Nature Island of the Caribbean, Dominica located between two french islands. So I speak a bit of french creole. Voulais vous cou'....ah nah, not gonna say that.
3. I am an Army Vet, I served in Iraq between 2005-2006. My job was to purify water and provide support in Ballad. I was deployed at 21, I did quite a bit of growing up during that year. I think I returned a very changed person. But...who wouldn't.
4. My love for photography started as child, particularly my interest in visual composition. I've always been fascinated by the placement of things, the colors and how they make me feel. I think this is why I have such a natural talent for people portraiture.
5. I read people's faces like poems. When I meet someone, their presence, energy and how they talk creates poems in my mind. They're always very nature based and full of color. Nope, I never share them. Because I think that'd be weird....in a kind of stalker'ish way.
6. I taught myself portraiture before I bought my first camera. Yea, might seem a bit reversed, but I actually learned the workings of a professional camera before I owned one. I did courses, read up about it, and knew how to control it. By the time I ACTUALLY bought my camera, I could not use any of the automatic settings it came with. I had to control everything about it because I knew how.
See some of my contemporary & boudoir portrait work below.
7.I love black. The end. For real, while I love color, contrast and understand the need for it, black is minimal and calms me in a way no other color can.
8. I have dreads (dreadlocs, locs) but I am not Rastafarian. People always assume I am, and it doesn't help that I am also vegetarian, which is what Rastafarians are. Maybe in another life. But, "You don't ha fi dread to be Rasta"
9. I have a capsule wardrobe. And yes! You guessed it, everything's pretty much black! I have lots of pieces in my studio wardrobe too. A few little black dresses, black professional jackets, black suits....yes, black goes a long way. My clients love playing dress up at my studio!
10.I have the sweetest island boy to call my own. My son Xan who has taught me more that I could ever teach him.
11. I absolutely love what I do
I hope I get a chance to help you create a unique brand and show the best photos of you, being yourself and doing what you love.